Mountain Country

Mountain Country
My own Art

Sunday, October 17, 2010

i was in a car accident last night, my left arm is fractured


sorry they took me to the hospital to take x-rays and cat scans

i was in the turning lane and waited for all traffic to pass. both lanes were dark, no head lights. i turned to go across

 and there was a big explosion and then a jarring  the air bag broke in my face and i was thrown back, smoke was pouring into the car.

 i was trying to get my seat belt loose. suddenly young men were running and trying to get my car doors open. i tried to open my door it would not open for me, so hit buttons  and then finally got seat belt loose. young man got my door open finally. they said we have to get her out of here. they got me out and put me on the grass along side of road. i thanked them.

 then a young woman came and sat with me holding my hand , i thanked her for sitting with me, she talked with the fireman, gave me her good wishes and left . as the fire man came to talk with me, asked my name, where i hurt and gave me my purse and reading glasses so i could give him number to call my son. he said he could call on his cell phone.  i then asked him if any people were hurt, in other car i could then see with all the lights shining on it.  if they were all right, he said nothing life threatening . i said thank gd i am glad of that  .

 a medic came with kit  and asked if i wanted to go to a hospital. i said if my son was here, he would tell me yes. then they put a neck brace around my neck.

other fire men asked what i remembered . i think a small police woman also was there for a second and took my drivers license  that was the last i saw of them or heard from them.

 i threw up all the way to hospital and while there and on the way home. i hurt every where but mainly my face on cheeks and left arm at wrist. i was still gripping steering wheel tightly once the car exploded.


  my right ankle was cut open also, yes both ankles, my arm , stomach , face, lower back, were the first hurting as i tried to get out of seatbelt.

as  i sat on grass they were trying to get my car horn to stop so they could hear each other. my headlights were still on but the left side of car was crushed. if i had been on that side, i would have been killed


 i do not have ice but it is so cold in here i guess that helps. have to put it on for 10 to 20 mins at a time, every hour or 2, for the next 3 days ! then back to 2 different doctors one for arm another one for a complete body check up. oh i am starting to really hurt now so back to bed i go.

hummm my collar bone is now hurting