Mountain Country

Mountain Country
My own Art

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Gads, What a Friday!!!!!!

Gads, What a Friday!!!!!! First I thought someone was ripping my home apart with all the noise . I find a little 6 year old boy has a long yellow water hose and is spraying my home and roof but with high pressure! I look out again and find he has it in at my gas tank on my car playing gas station! He got the locked gas cap off! I banged on my window first before heading out to get to him. He and another little friend tap their shirts with their finger in the motion of. Me? Do you mean me? At least that is what it use to mean. Well, they took off running leaving the hose behind, as I made my way to the door to get to them!

First I called my son on his cell phone:) and had to leave a message, then I called the  parks office. Shirley told me to call the Sheriffs Department and she would be right over. So I call them and when they found my # was in Greene County. They had me call 911 ? But ..... to say it was not an Emergency and they would send an Sheriff's deputy out to my home. They were pretty fast! 

They had asked if the mother was home with the child at 911.  Well, Officer then was there  and as he looked at the hose, water on the pavement and at curb he was taking down my personal information.  At that moment the mother walks by their car that is now there and parked over the water hose. He calls out to her, asks if she is the mother, asks her over to talk with us.  Then he takes her personal info also. As they are new neighbors and she has a new cell phone rather then a land phone, she did not know her number and had to look it up. She did not like giving her info in front of me, as you could see it up set her as she looked at the officer. Her last name and sons was different. No, I am older now and I did not memorize it all, so no worries there:)

She called out to some teen walking by on another street and asked him to send her son home. When he arrives she asks him if he poured water into my gas tank with the hose . He admits by saying, "Yes' in a small voice, all the time looking at the Deputy. Her shoulders slump! She starts blaming the neighborhood kids for it all and their fat 500 pound parents for not watching their own kids, for teaching him bad things? When he did it himself, not them and who was watching him as he played at my yard? As I was down for my afternoon nap!

The Deputy asked if he had been in trouble before. His Mother said , "No" Good said the officer, As what he just did was very serious and was destruction of property. That My car had to be drained of all gas and he went over all the things/ details that needed to be done. She said her dad was a Mechanic? [That word is thrown around alot! :)***** Another story for that one.*****] That he could drain my tank and fix the problem. That they would pay for it all, new gas and can Heat ? or other drier for tank. So Officer said I  had a choice . I could file charges against the boy right now or wait to see if they really would fix the problem and if they did not, to contact the Sheriffs office and take them to Court To sue the mom for her sons wrong doings.

I said as their son was only 6 years old and had no record. I would give her a chance to keep her word. So he said to keep my slip handy with his name and case number. She said she would get a hold of her dad and then contact me.

 This is a long story but I am very tired now, so will be back with the update. Slick in how they tried to get out of it with taking false cell phone pictures or video:) So glad my son rushed over! Okay, will be back later!