Mountain Country

Mountain Country
My own Art

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sun Spots, Solar Flares ,Heat Waves, Electrical Surges!

Sun Spots, Solar Flares ,Heat Waves, Electrical Surges!
How would I know this type of heat wave, electric surge and loss of my cool air would end up making me so sick! My gut even hurts! Darn!

My guy friend warning me another is due to hit us! NASA saying this is the worse they have ever seen ? Oh great!

On August 1, 2010, almost the entire Earth-facing side of the sun erupted in a tumult of activity. This image from the Solar Dynamics Observatory of the news-making solar event on August 1 shows the C3-class solar flare.

Great Ball of Fire

On August 1, 2010, almost the entire Earth-facing side of the sun erupted in a tumult of activity. This image from the Solar Dynamics Observatory of...

FAREWELL SOLAR MINIMUM: Solar activity is picking up and that gives some astronomers reason to wake up in the morning. "Ah the dawn of a new day... and what a day it was!" says Wouter Verhesen of the Netherlands, who took this picture of the morning sun on August 6th:

Pete Lawrence,
Selsey, West Sussex, UK
Aug. 12, 2009
#1, #2 Gotcha! The distinctive colour change as the meteor comes through the atmosphere can clearly be seen here as well as a pair of terminal bursts as the Perseid meteoroid finally meets its end.
PERSEID METEOR UPDATE: "The Perseids are booming here in Alabama," reports astronomer Bill Cooke of the Marshall Space Flight Center. "Although the peak of the shower is almost a week away, we saw five Perseid fireballs last night (Aug. 5-6)

Even with fried surge protectors some of my electric items were lost ! So I am not the only one who got sick:) I will try I really will try to hang in there.