Mountain Country

Mountain Country
My own Art

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ask and Smart Tips About Exercise

Ask Jillian Michaels
Tightening Up Your Inner Thighs
Print E-mail
Q: I really like how my quads and hams have started tightening up, but my inner thighs have a long way to go. Any suggestions for exercises that will help this area?
Jillian Michaels A:
Sadly, this is where your body chooses to deposit its fat. Genetically speaking, your body is predisposed to carry weight there, so that will be the last place it’s going to come off. The best thing you can do is watch what you eat and keep training. This will help you lose weight in general — and eventually those problem areas are gonna have to give!
That said, if strengthening the muscles in this area is the goal, I prefer old-school Jane Fonda leg lifts. They target the muscle you want to hit without creating bulk. I know this isn’t exactly the answer you’re looking for, but it’s the truth, and if you stay the course, your inner thighs WILL tighten up. Just keep doing what you’re doing!